Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 20: GSW (11-11) @ DAL (10-10) | 116-113 win
(11-30-2022, 07:28 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Rewatched the last 5 minutes. Maxi doesn´t get enough credit for his defense. No suprise that the Mavs couldn´t close games without him. His ability to switch is key for the Mavs clutch defense. Would feel a lot better about this team if they had another Maxi-like big instead of McGee.

M. Kleber - L. Doncic - J. Green +60 net with a 66.7 DefRtg in 7 min in the 4th. I can imagine Kidd being hesitant with Wood because of his defense, but his ignorance on Green is super questionable when people claim Kidd has a defensive first mentality. Kidd talking about the defense post game a few times. I am pretty sure the coaching staff knows the team hasn't defended as well as last season.

You basically have seen Green/Kleber duo doing work from the preseason onwards. Both are such a great combo on D together. Fitting like a glove with Luka.
And its pretty much obvious that the 4th guy is DFS. Green/DFS is kinda the new Bullock/DFS from last year. And 5th is either Wood/THJ or SD. Depending on going smaller or bigger with Wood. If Wood have a good offensive game, you have to play him with Maxi. He makes the offense more lethal than SD imo next to Luka.

Luka/Green < 100 DefRtg
Green/Kleber < 100 DefRtg
Green/DFS 103.2 DefRtg

That are season type numbers. The Bucks are 106.5 DefRtg total.

I feel like the Mavs went away from their defensive mindset for the most part this year. Too much relying on offense. The best counter for shooting a lot of 3's and missing them is still defense. You survive scoring droughts with defense. That what made the Mavs great last season.

Warriors game was a step into the right direction. But i am not sure if Green closes the game either without the flagrant.
[-] The following 2 users Like sefant's post:
  • ballsrchr, dirkfansince1998
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 20: GSW (11-11) @ DAL (10-10) | 116-113 win - by sefant - 11-30-2022, 06:19 PM