Poll: Who will win the game? (Rockets 5.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
52.17%
12 52.17%
Rockets
47.83%
11 47.83%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 16: DAL (11-5) @ HOU (11-6) | 137-123 win
Keys:
  • Ride the current streak: It's nice that the Mavs used the home stretch to really grow as a team. Feel like rotations are much more reliable and the units definitely start to gel. It's much needed since the honeymoon phase is now over. The schedule gets tough.
  • Proof that you're a playoff team: I said after the embarrassing Knicks losses that the Mavs aren't a playoff contender unless they proof it. The beating of bad teams was a great sign, but they are still a couple wins against West foes away from proving that they are legit. Rockets, Clippers, and Lakers are up next, with a strong Suns team in between. Give me at least 2-2. Mavs should be confident after the convincing wins.
  • Harden vs. Doncic: It's funny how similar both the Mavs and the Rockets are. Not only do Luka and Harden have similar games, both teams also have an unreliable second superstar. Westbrook's shooting is what holds him back most nights and Kristaps is still rounding into form. Who has the better game tonight of these two might very well decide the game.
  • This could be fun: Both teams feature high flying offenses and mediocre 'D'. Could be a 130-128 kind of night.
  • Tyson on the Rockets is weird: I mean he's no longer an impact player, but a Mavs hero for life. Him on the other side of the ball will also be weird.
  • Do not start Powell: Clint Capela is grabbing 20 rebound per night lately. I think Powell is not a good matchup for multiple reasons. He can't defend him in the post, can't defend switches on Harden, and most importantly, won't be able to draw Capela out of the paint. Since he's a roll guy, Rockets will be able to play Capela near the basket when Maxi should be able to pop and hit the threes.
  • THJ's hot streak: I hope THJ's hot streak will continue although it's unlikely that senior is going to be in the house. Someone on Twitter said that starting him alongside Luka and KP forces him to be a role player and prevents his inefficient heroics with bench units. I think I agree, although I'd still start Seth and hope that THJ will somehow be able to play within his strength a bench players as well.
  • Keep your composure: I think it's important that you just play the game and don't get into discussions with the refs about Harden. He'll get bullshit calls and away with lots of travelling. But that's a given at this point and sadly not worth complaining about. The league has to do something about it. Otherwise there's not much you can do.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 16: DAL (10-5) @ HOU (11-5) | Nov 24, 2:30 pm | Rockets 5.5 pt favs - by j0Shi - 11-24-2019, 01:16 PM