Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X's and O's: An Ongoing Discussion of the Exquisite Art of Basketball
(11-17-2022, 09:54 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: I guess while I'm on a run I'll also say that time should never be taken off the clock on offenseScore!  Then take time off the clock on defense.

I've run down...

This is something that drives me insane about the Mavs, but I think it's just part of Luka's bag. On one hand, I get it - slowing things down plays to Luka's strengths and away from his weaknesses. On the other, it seriously detracts from the "beauty" of the game, and more to the point I believe it causes great difficulty for the others to get into rhythm and feel like they're part of the offense. One thing all the best offenses seem to have in common is that everyone touches the ball pretty frequently. 

I find myself wondering every so often if playing another PG next to Luka might have been the ideal thing, not just a makeshift effort to get Brunson on the floor more because he was their second best player.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X's and O's: An Ongoing Discussion of the Exquisite Art of Basketball - by KillerLeft - 11-17-2022, 10:30 PM