Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win
(11-06-2022, 04:28 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: 6) Bottom line is, Cuban and Nico have to be aware that c) is their only realistic option, and it behooves them to make sure Kidd knows this and is very careful managing Wood. 

This is what worries me.

1. Declaring McGee as the starting center early on was the first mistake. I would have understood if DP was the starting C and Kidd tells Mcgee and Wood as newcomers, they need to earn the starting spot. But no, it has to be only Wood who needs to earn it.
2. Calling out Wood in a game where the coaching is far worse than Wood's defense.
3. Pulling out Wood when he makes a mistake while guys like Bullock are being blown by repeatedly. And still these guys get 30 minutes per game.
4. THJ is by far the weakest defender despite his improvement, and yet he hasn't been in Kidd's microscope. So, it's okay to be a weak defender when you can score right? SD gets a pass because he is needed to make the Mavs work despite his defense. But THJ? One man's opinion: I wouldn't be surprised if THJ is above Wood in the pecking order when it comes to Kidd's idea of an offense. So despite THJ's deficiencies in defense which is worse than Wood's, he gets more shots in, and it's ok by Kidd. 

Kidd's handling of Wood so far doesn't look good at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • ballsrchr, BasketballJones41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 11-06-2022, 09:55 PM