Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win
(11-05-2022, 02:04 PM)mvossman Wrote: I don't disagree with any of this.  But I think what we will most likely end up with is a player who can survive as the single big when necessary, but is more effective when paired with somebody like Maxi.  Somebody who would preferably not feature as a single big, but can play that role for stints, especially against second units.  If this is how it plays out, I still think it's worth trying to hold on to him (its not like we have a lot of other options).

My vision of this team in the playoffs is offensively centered around Luka/Wood, with those guys surrounded with as much defense as possible.  That means Maxi and Dorian and Bullock or Green.  When Luka is off the court it's Din/Wood surrounded by defense.  When Wood is off the court its Powell/McGee single big or Maxi 5 out which means Wood will either spend some minutes as single big or paired with Powell (or both).

It is so weird, it is almost as if mvossman is my burner login lately.  I do think it possible that surrounding Luka/Wood with D can include having Powell or McGee on the court with him them.  I think there may be a day Wood gets more solo-big minutes than he’s getting now…may.  I don’t think…think…that Wood as solo-big will be featured much as Killer is calling for.  

I also don’t think Wood has to be a solo-big in order to get 30 plus minutes and I don’t agree that Wood/Maxi and Wood-Solo Big are the only ways to successfully run an offense.  The Wood/Powell overlap minutes (4 games) and the Wood/McGee overlap minutes (2 games) are a super small sample right now.  But the O-Rating for Wood/Maxi minutes is 115 and the O-Rating is 130 for either of the Wood and McGee/Powell combos.  This may be a good number to keep an eye on.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-05-2022, 02:30 PM