Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win
(11-05-2022, 01:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Great, only what if it's not up to you?

Someone is going to offer him a featured spot on a team next season, and the salary that comes with that. I obviously don't know that, but I feel it's a fairly safe guess. 

Will that team be stupid to do so? Quite possibly. But at this rate, we won't actually know the answer to that question because our team won't have even attempted to see if he can have a featured role on a winning team. 

Look, we're only 8 games in, so I get that this is all a work in progress and it's super, super possible this ends up being a silly argument. 

Truth be told, it's not Kidd's tentative approach to integrating Wood early on that has me spooked, it's more @"DanSchwartzgan"'s declaration that Wood just isn't capable of being the guy they need that's pissing me off. It's the attitude of "obviously they won't even try to use him that way." That is WRONG on so many levels. I am hoping against hope that the actual Mavs aren't that short-sighted.

I feel like there are two separate questions/concerns and they are tending to get conflated.  One is that Wood is not getting enough minutes, should probably be starting and/or finishing.  The other is whether Wood should be playing as a single big or should be playing with another (mobile) big.

I think there is general agreement that Wood eventually needs to play more minutes and different degrees of impatience regarding when that happens.

I think the second is still open for discussion.  I think we will see plenty more Wood as single big to make assessments about how that works out.  I don't think Dan is arguing against that.  I think he strongly suspects that Wood will be better off with one of those bigs (I believe there is a good chance this is the case).
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win - by mvossman - 11-05-2022, 01:25 PM