Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win
(11-04-2022, 07:16 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: We have an all star caliber player only getting 25 minimum per game.

Well, sure, but that's a different conversation entirely. 

For whatever reason (probably just to make sure @"DanSchwartzgan" feels good about his Wood takes) Kidd seems reluctant to play Wood out there as a solo big. I could type for days about how stupid and short-sighted I think that is, personally, but tonight I'm content to appreciate the fact that he has realized Powell is the better choice over McGee. 

Actually, I'm sure this is just because of Toronto's foot speed, or maybe he's just trying to light a fire under McGee, and we'll probably see McGee get many more chances before the Mavs admit they just gave a guaranteed 3-year deal to a guy who can't play, but idk, man...I'm just going to choose to enjoy this brief respite from the harshness of that reality.

I actually don't hate the idea of Wood coming off the bench. Never have. I DO hate that he's not getting more minutes, and that he's not being fully integrated into the system on both ends for maximum effect, but tbh both of those issues might just be a matter of time and patience. No need to freak about either gripe just yet. 

McGee is not a player who should be on the team, so that's the thing I'm going to focus all of my negativity on, for now. Tonight is a step in the right direction for those of us on the correct side of that crusade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: TOR (5-3) @ DAL (4-3) | Nov 4, 7:30 pm | Mavs 3.0 pt Vegas favs - by KillerLeft - 11-04-2022, 07:21 PM