Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 7: UTA (6-3) @ DAL (4-3) | 103-100 win
(11-02-2022, 11:17 PM)mvossman Wrote: Powell is a good regular season player against second units.  I feel like he would have been less useless in the playoffs if he was played that way.  So far (small sample) we know that Maxi/Wood has worked really well, and Powell has worked really well as single big.  There is nothing to go on yet regarding Powell/Wood as they have hardly ever played together.  My guess is we will see some of that, but I think Maxi is a better fit with Wood both offensively and defensively and his defense is more valuable against starting units, while Powell's rim running is more valuable against second units.

I’m okay either way. All of those two man combos should work. I just want to limit Maxi’s minutes in the regular season. He wears down faster than most and isn’t getting any younger.  He was terrible in the second half of the year last season and we were lucky he rallied in several playoff games.  I want Maxi fresh for the playoffs. Powell and Wood seem like more durable players to me.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 7: UTA (6-3) @ DAL (4-3) | 103-100 win - by ThisIStheYear - 11-03-2022, 03:31 PM