Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-03-2023, 06:41 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Looking back, only the vocal minority liked McShaqtin. Here is a real quote from this board though…

“I can't believe y'all don't like this signing.

McGee was probably the best backup big in the league last year. 5 mil for that is still HALF of what we're paying Powell.

Him starting doesn't really matter. Powell started every playoff game for 3 minutes, and it had no effect to what the Mavs were doing. McGee even at age 35 is better than Powell today.”

I'm 80% sure you're quoting me.

And I've officially ate the biggest fat piece of stank crow for it. I already admitted I was so wrong. Like SO wrong. I truly believed they'd be getting a hyper efficient role guy that can defend the rim and play 15mpg. He was that in PHX, and LA where he excelled. 

I also thought he was cheap enough that 5 mil a year wasn't an albatross even if he regressed a little.

What I didn't realize is that the dude decided to stop playing basketball altogether ala Deandre Jordan after he got his last big contract. FML. What a horrible signing. 

Powell looks like Superman next to McGee.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Christian Wood | Mavs working on extension, trade if cannot extend? - by SleepingHero - 02-03-2023, 08:12 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM