Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 2: ORL @ DAL | 105-110 loss
(10-08-2022, 04:26 PM)cow Wrote: When everyone was excited about the Josh Green hype, I watched a video of Luka/Kidd mic'ed up and at the very end of the video, someone is called for a moving screen and Kidd talks to Josh telling him he needs to wait for the screener to get set.  Josh just looked so dejected.  I hate to be a body language doctor but that worried me a bit.  Last night was a weird game.  He did some nice things last night, a nice drive early on, a hustle offensive rebound that he followed up by jumping out of bounds to pass and turning the ball over, a nice strip on some help defense that was negated by a McGee foul.  But he still really looks lost in the half court offense.  He has all these athletic tools and no confidence to use them except when he's scrambling.    I want to believe there is something there but if you knew nothing about Green and Hardy and watched that game last night, you'd never guess that this is Josh's first year and that he was a much higher draft pick than Jaden.

That's not a weird game. It's almost a typical Josh Green. Hustle-and-display-athletic-ability.
Except for this one, his defense was bad, or at least, not Josh-Green-like.

Two games.
I was expecting more ball handling experiments, more time with the ball, more shot attempts.

But it looks like the Green I was hoping for would just be a 3 and D player. Expectations toned down considerably. But I would at least, expect him to shoot at least 36% percent from 3 and have a minimum of four 3 point attempts per game, or at least not pass when he is open.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 2: ORL @ DAL | 105-110 loss - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 10-09-2022, 03:34 AM