Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(02-08-2023, 10:10 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Yes, but as soon as you start losing games because the young players made mistakes, then the even angrier mob is calling for the coaches' head on a platter.

That´s why I always said, if you cannot absorb to give your rookies/2nd year players 10-15 minutes in regular spots (B2B games/ vs. tanking teams etc.) to develop, then the problem is not the rookies, it´s your overall talent level.

Winning 42-46 games, while maximizing veteran rotations during the post championship era, only to get wrecked in the first round based on inferior talent, remains one of the dumbest strategies. Not all 42 wins come equal and the Mavs regular season wins were always pretty useless.

It´s not only about the rookie development itself, it´s also about the trust an agent puts into presenting his client in the best possible way during pre-draft workouts, cause he knows the Mavs as an organisation give his player one of the best opportunities to succeed at the next level. If you have a bad reputation agents will try to avoid directing their best prospects toward your organisation.

Therefore it´s important that with the regime change the results are starting to look more favourable. That´s actually an area where I think Harrison´s connections and expertise really help the most.

I´m not buying into the whole Harrison/Kidd/Irving love affair. That was likely about the under the table promises made on the summer extension. Whether Nico and Kidd really have a special relationship with Irving will be proven by how long they can keep him under control and well behaved.

At least Nico was smart enough to pick Irving up at the airport personally. Cuban/Donnie/Carlisle would have told him to catch an Uber. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by Mavs2021 - 02-08-2023, 12:05 PM