Poll: How do you grade this contract?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
50.00%
17 50.00%
B
41.18%
14 41.18%
C
5.88%
2 5.88%
D
0%
0 0%
F
2.94%
1 2.94%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EXTENSION: Maxi Kleber to DAL for 3 yrs/$33M (thru 2025-26, age 34)
(04-03-2023, 01:15 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I actually had high hopes for the playoffs. Last season he missed a lot of games in the last month of the season. Giving him the necessary time to recover. Leading to great playoff performances. Outplaying Ayton and Gobert.

I get that he isn´t the kind of player that you want to play for a 30 minutes per game role in the regular season. And sadly that´s what the Mavs are missing right now. When they extended his contract I imagined a Iguodala like role for him. 15 minutes of the bench in the regular season. 25 minutes in the playoffs.
Speaks volume about the Mavs front court that he closed almost all games and was on pace to play more minutes than Wood prior to his injury. More minutes than Powell+McGee combined.

That´s the worst possible outcome for a couple of players. With Luka, Kyrie and THJ playing 40+ minutes when the team should have been tanking since at least february.
Sure, but this injury wasn’t him missing a few weeks at the end of the season (after he went a FULL month producing zero 3’s btw). I’m not fully sure bringing him back was the right call with so many instances of hamstrings being reinjured after recovery. 

If he becomes a 15 mpg regular season player (he won’t, the contract dictates that) I don’t see how that is a player worth $11M per year. Gotta make the playoffs to play in them.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EXTENSION: Maxi Kleber to DAL for 3 yrs/$33M (thru 2025-26, age 34) - by ItsGoTime - 04-03-2023, 01:36 PM