Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: DM to CLE | Markkanen + Sexton + Agbaji + 3 1sts + 2 swaps to UTA
(09-06-2022, 12:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"F Gump" I hear you, trust me. 

I guess the bottom line for me is that I have zero faith that they'll figure this out. I am officially at the end of my rope and having trouble mustering up the interesest to be a fan. This is the first day in some time I've even read stuff here carefully. 

I feel like I can see the end of the story already.

I feel you and I certainly will not tell you how to feel.   I am sort of straddling the fence.   Losing Brunson hurt me.  I felt like I was raising the banner for the past few seasons that Jalen was better than most mavs fans and our front office thought.   I have been wrong plenty, but I was right on Jalen.   I said Jalen is going to help us win important games.    As good as Jalen is, at the end of the day he can be replaced.   Finding someone who is tough, doesn't make a lot of mistakes and plays winning ball will be really tough, but not impossible.

With Luka, we have a major advantage over 25 other franchises right off the bat.    Players like Jalen can help win championships but players like Luka (and 5-7 others) make championships possible.   

I expect us to drop back a little this year.  We may wind up better but I will be surprised if we have a similar playoff run.   I will be watching closely how this new front office deliberately builds this roster, How they develop internally, and how they move on when they decide it is time.   As much as I want a team that is one of the top 3 teams in the league, I would actually feel worse if they made a panic, win now move that hurt our chances for the future.   Many have problems with Morey and I see them.  But I really appreciate how he is always looking for value and looks under every rock.   Heck, they made a move today for Harrell.   He probably won't help in the playoffs but he is a guy who was available that I am confident will outperform his contract.   Can the Mavs find a similar flawed player in the backcourt who will also outperform his contract?
[-] The following 6 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • F Gump, ItsGoTime, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, Not an evil robot, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: DM to CLE | Markkanen + Sexton + Agbaji + 3 1sts + 2 swaps to UTA - by Chicagojk - 09-06-2022, 06:14 PM