Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attending games tips and tricks
(11-19-2019, 12:37 PM)Luka Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 06:09 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 05:48 PM)Luka Wrote: Thank you in advance and sorry for probably posting in the wrong section but I thought the post might get more exposure here.
I am a Mod here and there has never been an issue with a fan asking for advice on going to games, places to stay, and places to eat...your post is in the right place...

Welcome to the Community...share your opinion and knowledge when possible or you have time...

Thank you.

(11-18-2019, 08:04 PM)fifteenth Wrote: @Luka:

Some important questions for folks to give you the best advice possible:

1. Will you be renting a car?
2. Will you be staying close to the AAC?
3. Are you comfortable driving in downtown type traffic?
4. Do you want to eat within walking distance of the arena, or do you want to see another part of Dallas, or both?

1. and 2.

Yes, I will be renting a car tough probably not on the first night as I'd be flying in at 2PM and I'll just try to get a hotel/apartment near the arena (walking distance if possible)

3. Yes, once you've driven in Indonesia and Vietnam no downtown traffic anywhere is daunting

4. I'd love to see other parts of Dallas but the trip will be primarily focused on attending games and then working (remotely) unfortunately

I will be driving to Houston for the Sunday game so I was thinking of renting a car from Saturday till Wednesday and I'll take some time for sightseeing in between games and working.

(11-19-2019, 12:13 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: ^ I came to say to take the Dart Rail.  You can park a few stops away and it's way more convenient.  I live less than 10 minutes from AAC and have never driven there.  

As for seats, I use Stubhub or Seatgeek.  You can sort tickets by "best value."

Yeah, the use of quotes for "best value" is correct Smile

For anybody that has been - is there a big difference in experience from getting a seat in say row CC Lower Level 107 (which is $500+ for the Clippers game) or a more 'normal' priced one for say $200 in Platinum Level 208?

(11-19-2019, 12:13 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Also, how old are you? and do you drink/go to bars?  Bars near the AAC are Hero (sports bar), Happiest Hour (super popular), Dibs on Victory

I'm 42 and and I do drink here and there but it's not something I'm looking to do on this trip. At least not heavily Smile
Would love to have a beer or two if anybody is around though.

As for food - I can see I might be gaining weight on this trip.
I'm just educating myself on Texan food... What would you recommend as something I have to try that I wouldn't get somewhere else?
There is a difference in the lower bowl seats vs platinum level, but not a $300 difference in my opinion. If it were the only game you were attending then I would say buy the better ones, but since you are going to a couple games, I would say platinum level is good. Hope you have a great time!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Attending games tips and tricks - by Luka - 11-18-2019, 05:48 PM
RE: Attending games tips and tricks - by Luka - 11-19-2019, 12:37 PM
RE: Attending games tips and tricks - by Flipper - 11-19-2019, 02:47 PM
RE: Attending games tips and tricks - by DrMav - 11-18-2019, 07:44 PM
RE: Attending games tips and tricks - by Tetra - 11-18-2019, 11:50 PM
RE: Attending games tips and tricks - by Luka - 11-19-2019, 02:20 PM