Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
54.55%
6 54.55%
Clippers
45.45%
5 45.45%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: DAL (10-7) @ LAC (10-8) | 112-104 win
(11-24-2021, 02:40 PM)mvossman Wrote: I think its simply because they asked the players who to start and they voted for Powell. 

Okay, so was it the players who decided to start WCS over Kleber during this stretch, or were Powell and WCS the two options presented to the trio of leaders before the season started...omitting Kleber, because he's not thought of as a 5? Them choosing Powell over Willie makes sense to me. Them choosing BOTH Powell AND WCS over Kleber does not. 

If you're right, then those three players must REALLY not want Kleber to start.

(11-24-2021, 10:14 AM)omahen Wrote: To add to my previous argument - if KP has to play some with Powell or WCS, he would have to accept he is "just" a floor spreader in those minutes. Otherwise I can't see how Luka running a PnR with one of those while KP is posting up below could work. PnR is the only thing those two can do offensively, everything else just becomes playing 4 against 5.

Yeah, if WCS/Powell are on the floor and NOT being used as the screener, they are not only not adding much, they are subtracting on offense. 

If they are the screener, only KP is trying to establish himself in the paint simultaneously, then he and that center (Powell/WCS) are BOTH subtracting from the offense, simultaneously. 

I love the two-man stuff we've seen from Luka/KP recently, just not when the other three guys aren't all shooters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 17: DAL (10-7) @ LAC (10-8) | 112-104 win - by KillerLeft - 11-24-2021, 02:57 PM