Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUMMER LEAGUE: TT out w/ groin strain | JG not playing | Mavs go 1-4
(08-04-2021, 08:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Humor me for a sec, and try to imagine a third option:

3) He's very talented and has ideal measurables, but even with all of that, it's really hard to make it in the NBA, and there's quite a bit to be learned, much of which he wasn't exposed to because he didn't go to a great basketball school. For people in that situation and even many who have had every advantage/opportunity, a tremendous and single-minded work ethic is needed, along with a huge helping of luck, to gain a toehold in the league. He might not ever figure it all out, but it's also possible he'll get it late...age 26? 28? Maybe the Mavs decided they didn't have time (in his specific case) to wait around for all of that.

I think your #'s 1 and 2 are possible, don't get me wrong. 

I really thought it would be more difficult than just taking a college big and saying "you have the ideal body for a forward, so you play forward now" but I was sure hoping it would work.

Your #3 is simply a very diplomatic and nuanced way of expressing what boils down to #1.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUMMER LEAGUE: Mavs Schedule & Roster | Aug 9-17 | Josh Green to play - by Scott41theMavs - 08-04-2021, 08:44 PM