Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
58.62%
34 58.62%
no
41.38%
24 41.38%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in?
(06-26-2021, 04:40 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: It's almost like our franchise has been so bereft of athleticism that Dwight Powell is the only player we can think of when we see someone on another team dunk the basketball.

If Powell was the 2nd most important player it was 95% Luka, 1.6% Powell and then everyone else shortly after that.

None of this is what I'm saying. I can't believe this is causing so much confusion. 

I'm simply referring to a player's role within the offense, not in any way comparing their abilities, other than to say Simmons is MORE skilled, so he could do MORE than Powell, given the opportunities generated in that role. 

And, I'm not saying Powell was the second most important Maverick that season, I'm saying their favorite action to run was the Luka/Powell pick and roll with 3 other shooters spacing. In that action, Powell was the first option. AND IT WAS THE BEST OFFENSE IN THE NBA (because of Luka, sure). So, imagine a Luka/Giannis or a Luka/Simmons action with the same three shooters and spacing. It would open up so, so many possibilities. 

All moot now, I suppose. The entire system might change now.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in? - by KillerLeft - 06-26-2021, 04:51 PM