Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUMMER LEAGUE: TT out w/ groin strain | JG not playing | Mavs go 1-4
(08-01-2021, 03:57 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: @"DrMav" I think what you are proposing would be awesome but you already mentioned the probem. Don´t think the league is against it. More about owners and veteran players. Both NBPA and owners already blocked the addition of another roster spot last season. Owners want to limit the costs. Some of them aren´t even willing to invest into a g-league affiliate. NBPA on the other hand isn´t supporting the case of undrafted rookies. They are protecting what they have and don´t want to share it. Right now the total salary is split between 500 guys (+/-). They have no interest to add even more. The big names control the league and I think we will see a "super super max" before we see additional roster spots or fully integrated g-league teams.
I agree, I think the best way to get somewhat the desired effect the good Doctor is asking for is to expand. Seattle and LV need teams. That’s adding 30 roster spots with the potential of more GLeague teams too. 

Having owners of GLeague teams more interested in developed NBA players would be good too. Maybe a kick-back for any GLeague player that gets an NBA contract? Maybe Donnie would care a bit about his team then?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUMMER LEAGUE: Mavs Schedule is out | Aug 9-17 - by ItsGoTime - 08-02-2021, 07:32 AM