Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 110, Raptors 102
Great recap!

A couple things I thought were important. The Raptors aren't a really big bodied/rough-them-up group, except maybe Gasol who has seen his best years already. This allowed the Mavs to play more of their game, IMO, and they took advantage of it. That makes me think that just getting 1 bruiser type might not be enough. Maxi was the bigger body this time and was able to use that to his advantage. When he isn't getting pushed around he looks really, really good out there!

These early games has shown me that their first step to take in their NBA maturity as a team is to close out the game strong and keep a lead. They were OK at this tonight. 

Man, the minutes distribution is something we haven't seen in a long time! I like the 35 for both our top guys. I think Kleber will get exposed if he plays too many more of those 38 minute games, but good for him for earning those minutes! Curry and DFS were on the high side of where I think they should be as well, but it worked out in the end. Would love to see some of their minutes go to JB, JJ and DW. A 10 man rotation is about right for a regular season game, ideally spreading those minutes out a tad more I think would go a long way.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 110, Raptors 102 - by ItsGoTime - 11-17-2019, 04:58 AM