Poll: Will DFS wear Mavs jersey in November
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
95.83%
23 95.83%
No
4.17%
1 4.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will DFS wear Mavs jersey in November
Let's put it this way. My sense of the best-case scenario for the offseason, in spite of the traditional advisory of maintaining as much continuity as possible, is that every single one of the 2020-21 Mav rotation players (i.e. more than 15 mpg) is gone aside from Luka and DFS*. That's right. DFS is the only non-Luka keeper. He's the only truly viable starter aside from Luka, has been good buddies with Luka from year one, and is on a bargain contract. If he goes, it had better be as a sweetener in a truly sweetheart deal for the Mavs. As I said last season, I could only find 14 players in the league for whom I would trade him. Of course, things shift a little bit when he signs his extension. But for now, he's only a couple of notches less untouchable than Luka himself.

*Brunson because this year's Clippers series exposed him as a guy who can't stay on the floor, and certainly can't start, on a Luka-led playoff team. He's too expensive to keep, so they have to get a good return on him. All of the other rotation players? Meh. Luka deserves a real roster. By the way, the player out of that rotation player group whom I would be happiest to see remain after Luka and DFS? Cow's fave, WCS. But I'm not sure how they keep him in an overhaul. I would like Bobi to stay to keep Luka happy, and I want to see what Kidd can do with the Four Horsekids. But the Mavs would be served well by an all-new rotation aside from Luka and DFS.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Will DFS wear Mavs jersey in November - by omahen - 07-26-2021, 04:42 PM
RE: Will DFS wear Mavs jersey in November - by Scott41theMavs - 07-26-2021, 06:04 PM