Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O
(11-16-2019, 11:08 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: He did it folks he made almost all the adjustments many of us called for and it looked great!

Only his back to the tinkering weirdo small ball lineup with Powell as the only big man to start the 2nd was a really bad idea, his sole bad behavior this game.

Great game from Rick listening to common sense!

I really don´t like this smartest guy in the room attitude. Especially because the Mavs could lose a game with a similar gameplan next week and everyone would be calling for RCs head again.
It´s like people on reddit, twitter or this board actually think that they know more about basketball than a former player and current coach that has been in the league for 35 years.
Yes RC makes mistakes but it´s not like the starting five or the rotations are a given with the current group of players.
For example. If he had followed your advise 2/11 THJ would have been in the starting five but I don´t hear any complains after a win. If he would listen to me THJ and Jackson both would not play. I certainly won´t complain if both actually have a good game. Some people complained about the lack of minutes for Boban . No one even mentioned him today. Half of the board wanted to kick Curry out of the starting five. Guess who gets celebrated for a great game right now.

We all should remember that this isn´t a fantasy bball league. There is no easy solution for everything. Today things worked out but it´s not like the problems are gone. Mavs still struggle from 3 and cannot exploit the double teams Luka draws.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coach Carlisle: All Things Rick - by mtrot - 11-13-2019, 07:04 PM
RE: Coach Carlisle: All Things Rick - by Jym - 11-14-2019, 01:08 AM
RE: Adjusted Carlisle: He put his head down and.changed the world. - by dirkfansince1998 - 11-16-2019, 11:27 PM
RE: Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 12:15 PM