Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O
(11-15-2019, 09:39 PM)ballsrchr Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 01:04 PM)mavsluvr Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 12:58 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: I can't remember who it was but a few years ago there was a player that mentioned something about Carlisle jerking the players around like rag dolls...referring to the lineups and tinkering.  All I know for sure is that I don't like the lineups...or the jerking around. The team forgot to ask me though.  It also sometimes looks like Carlisle can be a bit petty.  Too bad we are not in the inner circle...
That was Shawn Marion, who subsequently expressed regret about making the remark.

Considering the circumstances, I think it's okay that the team doesn't have a fixed rotation at this point. Agree that tinkering is in Carlisle's DNA, and that it would indeed be fun to be a fly on the wall!
Ah yes...I remember now.  Well...Carlisle is the coach.  The mavs are my team.  I go where they go.  I hope that is to the playoffs...and all the way up.

In this context it doesn't really matter if Marion regrets masking that remark. Still gives evidence that this tinkering messes with the players. 
It's a young team, they need stabilty.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coach Carlisle: All Things Rick - by mtrot - 11-13-2019, 07:04 PM
RE: Coach Carlisle: All Things Rick - by Jym - 11-14-2019, 01:08 AM
RE: Carlisle: Development and Tinkering - by SportPsychMav - 11-16-2019, 01:32 AM
RE: Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 12:15 PM