Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't Josh Richardson be that guy?
I've haven't been a big fan of JRich time here, to say the least, but I also think if the Mavs can get a 2nd scoring guard/wing like like DeRozan that JRich isn't a bad veteran defensive minded  2 guard to put in that lineup.   You  just can't have him as your 2 guard if you're also getting average or below average offense from your small forward.   Not in today's NBA, at least.   I don't think he'll be very expensive and I like his length.   I also think he could have had a down year dealing with the after effects of reportedly a pretty bad case of COVID.   I really think a 1-4 of Luka, JRich, DeRozan, DoDo/Maxi is a pretty nice blend of shooting, playmaking and defense where no one in the front court is smaller than 6'6".   Getting DoDo's 3P% up to ~38% the last couple of years is a pretty big deal.  With KP and/or Maxi as a stretch big, adds enough shooting at the 4 and 5 that it allows you some padding to compensate for DeRozan and JRich.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't Josh Richardson be that guy? - by HanspardsShowerVoice - 06-29-2021, 09:36 AM