Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pippen interview with Dan Patrick
(06-28-2021, 11:54 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I hear an angry guy. 

We all know he got screwed, financially, during his career - that isn't in his head. And then there's the whole Kukoc-last-shot incident, and while I think his conclusion that it was racially motivated by Jackson is ridiculous and I don't know that he "gets it" all these years later, I feel like his anger, disappointment, regret and embarrassment (not about the pouting and refusing to play, but about the coach not believing in him enough to let him shoot) is still fresh, all these years later.

I think the Jordan doc seems to have irritated A LOT of those old Bulls players. It seems like many of them feel that the facts were bent to a narrative they don't consider to be accurate or fair. From Pippen's perspective, given how little he earned relative to others, the realization that even back then Jordan was envisioning ways to profit off of being the center of the universe while others (from Pippen's perspective) were making sacrifices for the team...it just adds to the bitterness. 

Last but not least, I hear a guy who has decided to edit himself much less than what is accepted by society in hopes of selling books, bourbon, whatever. It's about money, and this tactic will be probably be somewhat successful.

Which brings us back to that horrible contract - it's a circle. 

tl;dr: I think some of the logic is crazy, but the angst is real, and not without some justification. I kind of feel sorry for him.

Every point you make is sound in terms of the facts.  Yes, this is clearly a good way to sell books and get attention. 

Yes, it seems obvious he has some anger and resentment even more it seems toward Phil Jackson than his old running mate Jordan where seemed to be saying "we made great teammates but don't confuse us as great friends.  Not."  
With Phil his resentment was almost palpable in the interview and he stood behind with "I was there, in the Locker room.".  Sick 

The remarks about getting passed up on the shot for the white guy Kukoc, man that sounds incredibly petty.  At the same time he doubled down on it and gave some interesting insight on the fact Kerr got the shot instead of Jordan but it wasn't designed for Kerr.  Good stuff. 

If Scottie wasn't angry we probably don't get a lot of the information he's putting out because most everything fed to the public is controlled by a group interest and people don't put it out for the public unless they are angry or resentful.  

It can be interesting to get a peek behind the curtain now and then.  Cool
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Pippen interview with Dan Patrick - by TXBamanut - 06-28-2021, 11:23 AM
RE: Pippen interview with Dan Patrick - by Dahlsim - 06-28-2021, 01:18 PM
RE: Pippen interview with Dan Patrick - by omahen - 06-28-2021, 03:41 PM
RE: Pippen interview with Dan Patrick - by cow - 06-29-2021, 10:13 PM