Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
58.62%
34 58.62%
no
41.38%
24 41.38%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in?
(06-26-2021, 11:18 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Why does everybody want to compare bigs with Dwight Powell. You never start sentences with Lillard is like Trey Burke with....

Seriously?

Nobody is comparing anyone to Powell. We're talking about his role (his job) in the record setting offense from the season before last. You know his role in that offense was the 2nd most important one, right?

It has nothing to do with Powell, and everything to do with helping people envision a possible role for whichever player we're discussing. Because they watched what Powell did in that offense, the concept is easy to communicate in a small number of words. 

I'll give you another example: If I said something like "hey, maybe they should try KP in a Reggie Miller type role", it would mean I was suggesting they run KP around off-ball screens to create open catch-and-shoot opportunities. It would be a TERRIBLE idea (wouldn't work, I would never suggest that), but everyone familiar with how Reggie played in Indiana would understand it right away, and I doubt anyone would think I was comparing the players. They'd understand I was referring to a role within an offensive system.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in? - by KillerLeft - 06-26-2021, 11:31 AM