Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-26-2021, 01:48 AM)omahen Wrote: Unfortunately I just don't see a lot of positives in latest moves and I agree with most from Cato article. Basically Cuban replaced two advisors with two new ones - not much of a change really. Main strength of new guys seem to be relationship building while there is a lot left to desire in other fields. Kidd resume is not really shining and filled with bridge burning, backstabbing stuff. Harrison might be liked by players but lacks any experience in the FO business. Mavs were not creative regarding cap space and team building as it was and current moves don't really address those issues. Sure this guys can bring in personnel to help them, but why really. They were brought in to advise Cuban, not to work independently.

They doubled down on FA in a season where there are really no top FA available. Are you guys comfortable if the plan is plan powder again? I am not. Do you trust their ability to execute? I do not.

It may be proven right.   I am willing to give it some time.  I wanted a new voice/new direction within the franchise .   My hope is for Niko to leave his current job at Nike he is going to be given a lot of authority and not a voice of many making decisions.   Whether that is a good thing or not, time will tell.  In the end, the GM role is a talent evaluation business/talent acquisition business.   He may have great relationships with players/agents, and that is a good thing.  But in the end, the best GM's can identify talent on all levels.    I also hope he is a good listener and has a rock solid plan he can execute, and  not jump around and constantly change directions when the wind changes.

As much as I like Dame, I hope our plan is not to wait until Dame is moved in the future.  To me that would be the worst case scenario.   

For Kidd, I hope we spend the money and Kidd is willing to hire a great staff.  Sort of mimic Brooklyn.   They had Mike D'Antoni (proven head coach), Jacque Vaughn(Young coach who has some head coaching experience), Ime Udoka (young coach who just was hired by Boston).    I would like to see something similar.   JJB may be too inexperienced for the third seat.   If he is hired though, the other two need to have a lot of experience.

As far as Cuban, I wonder if I will hear one interview in the next 3 years where he doesn't mention Luka's name.   I know he is the franchise, but man does he mention him everytime he speaks.  LOL.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor - by Chicagojk - 06-26-2021, 09:15 AM