Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O
(11-15-2019, 11:08 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Still we can point out what works well right now and what isn't and what the likely reasons are. 

Of course you can. You can bring up whatever you want. If you don't want my thoughts about things you post then let me know and I'll refrain from giving you those thoughts. 

(11-15-2019, 11:08 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: We can state the good and the bad things without hate.

Again, of course you can. If I disagree with something that doesn't mean that I'm telling you to stop. Go for it. And I've never accused you of hating anyone or anything. 

(11-15-2019, 11:08 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: And not every flaw pointed out needs to be cushioned by you.

I don't only point out the positives. I spent many of the "plan powder" years being called a "hater" around here. I see flaws with the current roster, and of course I see flaws with the current play. But it's my opinion that almost all of what I see being pinned to the coach at the moment is "work in progress stuff". Again, if you don't want my input, let me know, and I'll refrain from responding to your posts. Otherwise, I'm probably going to post what I think. 

(11-15-2019, 11:08 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: You are even against reasonable and thoughtful takes a lot of the time,

Give me a specific and I'll tell you what I think. Though, I may have already addressed it in my post to SleepingHero. And also, two reasonable thoughts can disagree. 

(11-15-2019, 11:08 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: which annoys me because I think you can easily do better

Not sure I can stop annoying you if you're just annoyed by what I am. You and I just may be a bad match. No big deal. While I agree that I can do better, and I'm open to you showing me how, this post isn't really inspiring me to change. 

(11-15-2019, 11:08 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: You said it took a 3rd of the season for you to see the vets selfish play, some people can see things earlier than that.

If giving a team time to correct itself is a flaw then it's a flaw that I'm going to keep. In American football each game is a of immense importance regarding the standings because there are only 16 games. Basketball cannot be judged in that way. Basketball is best judged a handful of games at a time. The recent handful of games shows that the Mavs are struggling. You and I disagree on the cause of the struggles. 

Look SPM, I actually appreciate your attempt at offering input into my life, or at least my posting habits. I really am open to input from folks in my life. But in this instance, I'm not seeing it. If I'm a problem for the forum then bring it up to folks like SleepingHero, Clutch, Kam, mavsluvr...maybe they can talk some sense into me.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coach Carlisle: All Things Rick - by mtrot - 11-13-2019, 07:04 PM
RE: Coach Carlisle: All Things Rick - by Jym - 11-14-2019, 01:08 AM
RE: Hot Hand Carlisle: Live and Die by Contested Pull-Up 3s - by fifteenth - 11-15-2019, 11:28 AM
RE: Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 12:15 PM