Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O
(11-15-2019, 10:53 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 10:43 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Everything can be deemed a "work in progress" issue. That's an empty message.

Not at all. Three years ago the roster was old. Not much "work in progress" there. Two years ago the roster stunk. Not much room for work to progress there. 

Last year I suggested patience was needed so that the established players could figure out how to play together and so that DSJ and Luka could figure out how to play together. From a third to half way through the season it became clear that established vets were playing for themselves, DSJ was unhappy, the team was going to struggle without JJB, and that HB was going to disappear in big games. We'd had time to see how the thing was going to come together, and we saw that it didn't come together.

This year the team is both new and young. Patience is needed. If the roster hasn't come together and exhibited growth in a couple of months then there will be more reason to worry. A situation where a new and young team is learning new things and how to do them with new people is exactly the time to say "work in progress". 

Hey fifteenth, I agree with most what you just wrote. That still doesn't make everything happening right now a work in progress in the sense you are describing.

It's obvious that they still have a lot to figure out, most aren't in denial of that. I've brought up many points that fall under that category before.

Still we can point out what works well right now and what isn't and what the likely reasons are. 

We can state the good and the bad things without hate. And not every flaw pointed out needs to be cushioned by you. You are even against reasonable and thoughtful takes a lot of the time, which annoys me because I think you can easily do better.

You said it took a 3rd of the season for you to see the vets selfish play, some people can see things earlier than that.

Most issues this team has are fixable with the right adjustments.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coach Carlisle: All Things Rick - by mtrot - 11-13-2019, 07:04 PM
RE: Coach Carlisle: All Things Rick - by Jym - 11-14-2019, 01:08 AM
RE: Hot Hand Carlisle: Live and Die by Contested Pull-Up 3s - by SportPsychMav - 11-15-2019, 11:08 AM
RE: Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 12:15 PM