Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-22-2021, 11:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Good stuff. This is really what I have been trying to get at. Appreciate you taking the time to articulate it so well.

Where you and I diverge is on Voulgaris. I am not convinced he is the cancer that he has been painted to be. No question the reporting speaks to him being a terrible people person, but I am not convinced one bit that he is the source of the dysfunction. I still think much of that could (not certain) have come from Donnie and RC. So I am still "wait and see" on Voulgaris. And I think Cuban would be really smart to KEEP him and HIDE him if he is actually good at his analytics side of things. Only Cuban really knows what Voulgaris has been suggesting over these years, and maybe most of his suggestions have been gold, but others have been sabotaging them.

Don't think it is possible any more to "hide" Voulgaris.  Seems like that cat is out of the bag and I doubt there is any way to put it back in.  I don't know whether he is the source of the dysfunction or just a symptom, but what does seem to be the case is that he as alienated just about everyone in that organization (way too much smoke for this not to be true) including Luka.  I seriously doubt his genius that gave us the Wright trade and the Green pick is so necessary to the organization it would be worth keeping him on.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | no chance on Ujiri? - by mvossman - 06-23-2021, 08:37 AM