Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
58.62%
34 58.62%
no
41.38%
24 41.38%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in?
(06-22-2021, 08:52 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: The issue with KP is injury. So it is kinda pointless IMO to compare Simmons skill set.  KP has certain pros and so does Simmons. Plus even if this year is an aberration in terms of KP’s defense, he will never be a defender like Simmons 

If you were just told you have a center who can guard 1-5, can rebound, has handles, and can pass, you would automatically consider that player as a terrific player. Whoever gets Simmons has to look at his scoring as a bonus. 

I guess it is all moot anyway right now.  We don’t even have a GM.

I disagree.  You would never consider a playing shooting 30% from the FT line and afraid to take a shot making for 30 mill a year a good investment. That's a ridiculous one-sided statement that buries the point (on both sides, yours and mine)...there is no team in the league who can have a max player on the floor that can't even touch the ball because he's afraid to shoot or take a free throw.  If he's making 20 million or 15 million, it's not a big deal...and truthfully, no one is fussing about KP if he's making 15 mill, but neither him nor Ben Simmons are.

For example, if you were just told, you have a center who can score from the logo or the rim, handle the ball and space the floor averaging 2 blocks a game for his career...everyone would jump on that. but that's not telling the whole thing either (re: injuries, last season's dip).
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in? - by TXBamanut - 06-22-2021, 09:42 AM