Poll: Is the Mavs coaching position a nightmare NBA coaching job?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
14.81%
4 14.81%
No
74.07%
20 74.07%
I can't decide yet.
11.11%
3 11.11%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Mavs' coaching job a total nightmare?
Tongue 
(06-20-2021, 02:40 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: First off, no body should watch these shock jock shows BUT for those who actually listened, and out of respect for the good intentions OP, Shannon is pro Luka and declares DAL as a very desirable destination for any HC. No brainer there, 22-year old top 5 player locked in for several more years. There is nowhere else to go but up. 

Worst case scenario, you make the playoffs and get knocked out of the first round every year like 1-trick-Rick, which many fans were cool with and praised Carlisle every year for it. What potential head coach wouldn't sign up for that kind of unconditional love? 

I don't buy into the Cuban the GM theory like many fans do but for those who dislike Skip, he actually agrees with you. Says he is worse than Jerry Jones.

Is Luka a Diva? Skip accuses Luka of this, and we all know he is a known Mavs hater who says Ginobli was better than Dirk. But only time will truly answer that question. I do not see any glaring Diva-ness from Luka thus far but it is clear to me the Harden/Westbrook style ball needs to be alleviated.

Good stuff, although I think you just have to take the shock jock shows for what they are, entertainment, occasionally insightful.  Its not any higher a bar than you might apply to a movie or tv show.   Cool  Its NOT the traditional 'journalism media' of the old news paper the broadcast television days.

(06-20-2021, 03:44 PM)Silent Mav Wrote: It's easy to take for granted how spoiled we've all become from Dirk's behavior his whole career. He is the true unicorn.

Yup.  Guys like Dirk, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Julius Irving just to name a few off the top of my head were kind of the Sports Statesmen I could root for even if you didn't root for their Jersey.

(06-20-2021, 04:14 PM)Silent Mav Wrote: But tbh, you really can't compare the treatment of Dirk and Luka (maybe more so Luka) due to the different playing field today. The player empowerment, super teams and the very real threat of losing an elite player before his contract was up has changed things. If nothing else look at the Pelicans. They have Zion, Ingram, Hayes and a couple of other young players. Not to mention a bunch of picks from the Lakers and the Bucks.

That fan base should be excited about the future. Instead due to comments by Zion's family now they are in a panic he will be gone after his rookie contract. Which one way or another is going to affect their immediate moves. It might not be a direction they were looking at before this. And in a way, the gm and coaching situations are similar.

Excellent points.  The Lebron Super-Pickup-Team era has changed the dynamic for GM's like perhaps it already had been changed for coaches. 
Player enpowerment, love it or hate it, Thanks King James! Rolleyes

(06-20-2021, 04:29 PM)fifteenth Wrote: You misunderstand Skip. If Skip has real opinions, he doesn't share them. He is for or against things based on business decisions. When in Dallas he chose to be against Aikman. Once in the national media he positioned himself as the guy criticizing LeBron. Luka is his next target because that's what will get him noticed. He's THE coattail rider. If he has a genuine bone in his body, he doesn't show it on the job.

Totally Exclamation  I enjoy that you say IF Skip even has a real opinion and IF he even has a genuine bone in his body.
I'm imagining someone without any real opinion and without a single genuine bone in their structure.  Big Grin

(06-21-2021, 02:15 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: This job can only be a nightmare if viewed downwind from Cuban. Parcels had a team about ready to win a championship in Dallas and for whatever reason walked away. IMO, he left bc he was tired of Jerry.

Looking at Luka, Luka is a man. Stop calling him a kid. If you come here you better respect Luka. If you are afraid, don’t come here....

So you nailed it, Mav land is now Luka Land for anyone who decides to come enter the borders.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the Mavs' coaching job a total nightmare? - by Dahlsim - 06-21-2021, 03:25 PM