Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
58.62%
34 58.62%
no
41.38%
24 41.38%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in?
(06-21-2021, 07:40 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: This is where I am too.  IF you do something like this, it is next to KP, not instead of KP.  Simmons D makes KP at center workable defensively.  I started to write "and in Rick's offensive system" and then remembered.  The issue is we don't know what offensive system we will be running.  So, you can't just plug Simmons into "the Powell role" because there might not be a Powell role.

The other issue with this is I'd want to keep Maxi spreading the floor as the 3rd big.  So, in what world do you get Simmons on a deal based around Powell, Brunson and space?

Okay...I've never really considered this because it was about trading Simmons for KP, but I'm starting to consider it more.  Even so, I am imagining what it would look like, and anything that has Ben Simmons on the perimeter would end up being a Luka double team on his drive.  Then again, if we aren't running Rick's system, what do you have?

Will taking the ball out of Ben's hands just destroy his confidence even more?  That's a side of this whole move him off the ball debate that we haven't considered.  I know I've pushed against him a LOT because him in the 2nd star role is absolutely not going to work in my opinion.  We've, at least, seen KP actually work in that with Luka, then the injury or slowed mobility or timidness or whatever from KP came in, but Simmons...we've seen several configurations of that.  Tobias Harris is paid like a max player there and really isn't...he's always been along that Kris Middleton level player to me, but I'm having more respect for Middleton in these playoffs, and thinking.

Wow...to have the cap room to have 3 max $$ guys on your roster and one, if not two, of them to have pretty significant warts...you'd have to have someone really overperforming their contract (kind of like Seth Curry was doing).  

Then if THJ regresses back to what he has been instead of staying the flamethrower he's been most of last year...hmmmmm
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in? - by TXBamanut - 06-21-2021, 01:26 PM