Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
58.62%
34 58.62%
no
41.38%
24 41.38%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in?
(06-21-2021, 07:23 AM)JamesConway Wrote: Said it in the other thread, too. I’d be all over this in the hopes of buying low.

But I actually think he’s the guy you want next to KP. Let him play the Giannis-role. He can attack and playmake in transition, in the halfcourt you let him roll to the rim and cut. Don’t ask a lot of playmaking from him when the defense is set.

Defensively he’d be a dream fit alongside KP. Long and big enough to defend inside and rebound but also quick enough to guard the perimeter.

Luka
Tim
DFS
Ben
KP

would be a pretty darn awesome squad if everyone buys into his role.

This is where I am too.  IF you do something like this, it is next to KP, not instead of KP.  Simmons D makes KP at center workable defensively.  I started to write "and in Rick's offensive system" and then remembered.  The issue is we don't know what offensive system we will be running.  So, you can't just plug Simmons into "the Powell role" because there might not be a Powell role.

The other issue with this is I'd want to keep Maxi spreading the floor as the 3rd big.  So, in what world do you get Simmons on a deal based around Powell, Brunson and space?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in? - by DanSchwartzgan - 06-21-2021, 07:40 AM