Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
58.62%
34 58.62%
no
41.38%
24 41.38%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in?
(06-20-2021, 09:59 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: It's really hard for you to keep trying to find little nuggets you can live with to say to protect the opinion of him you've been jumping up and down on, and yelling from the highest hill this whole thread.

"destroyed his confidence" -- so that's a reason that is acceptable now?  Because it sure hasn't been acceptable on the other half of this thread.

Unlike KP, whose 7 game series came against the worst possible matchup for him in the league coming off a surgery that obviously effected his movement....  Ben Simmons was guarded the entire series by defenders that he was quicker, TALLER AND HEAVIER than because he's bigger than Gallo, Collins, Williams and YOUNG.... He was completely healthy and there you go..  

I saw him DRIVE on Lou Williams and chicken out at 6 feet from the basket and jump turning to try to find someone to throw it out to...more than once.  Simmons wasn't guarded by any ace defenders this series, not one defender the quality of Morris, Leonard, George, or Batum...not one.

No...sorry, dude.  Your boy just exposed himself right in front of you when you were working so hard to defend him.

Doc Rivers was just asked "Can Ben Simmons still be a point guard on a championship team?"  and he said "I don't know the answer to that question right now."

See. I am not into the your boy got exposed business. I watch the game. Look at the numbers. Come to my own conclusions. Was Simmons the best defender on the floor in the series? Without a doubt. His defense against Young today was among the best individual performances I have seen in the post handchecking era. Was he a liability on offense. Yes. But not for the entire game. He created good looks for his teammates. Of course he needs to finish in the paint when has open layups or dunks but I think that can be fixed. FT line issues are on him as well. Not sure if he can fix it.
The 76ers (or another team) need to figure out how to use him in the half court. Especially if he isn´t playing PF/C. Having a player in the dunkers spot when Embiid is posting up is not working. But that´s more on the coach. The spacing is just as bad when Simmons is on the bench.

I will continue to make footage and stat based arguments. Feel free to make your own. Or continue with whatever you are doing right now. I only see one person that is shouting. I also remember your deleted post. if you have any personal problems with me or my opinions you can DM me or ask a mod to look into whatever I posted to offend you.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in? - by dirkfansince1998 - 06-20-2021, 10:13 PM