Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
58.62%
34 58.62%
no
41.38%
24 41.38%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in?
(06-19-2021, 07:44 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Make a case. I dare you. Show me some film. Show me the numbers.  Young and Williams aren´t guarding Simmons. Might happen on the occasional switch. Collins is the go to defender. Young is scoring against Simmons. But not efficient. I just provided the numbers.

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1627732/head-to-head/?Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Playoffs&Matchup=Offense

Edit: Nice of you to remove the personal attack.

The case is, that a guy his size should be able to punish those lineups by putting these small guys into pick n roll on every possession. You know how fast Luka would pick apart a defense of Lou and Young? Every play would be making one of them defend the pick n roll. Simmons is not able to do that, because there´s no need to switch as his defender can simply go under the screen. So he never even gets the opportunity to post up these guys. His halfcourt offense is on Andre Roberson level. And I think Roberson was a better roll-man than Simmons.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in? - by Thukydides - 06-20-2021, 03:19 PM