Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
Re: Cubes

The best part about 2011 was seeing Dirk win a Championship.  The worst part about 2011 is it empowered Cuban to say, "I told you so" and continue down his merry way.  It gave him the same pig headedness as the Jones family in that if they did it once, they think they can do it again.  

Has Mark learned something lately?  This will be a great litmus test.  Dirk is my favorite athlete ever mostly because of the person he is.  He is a great, great player and I appreciate the Mark always showed faith in Dirk, even when he took a hit nationally on his basketball viability, and in turn Dirk showed faith in Mark.  Dirk is a great, great, great player.  Luka, however, is in another stratosphere and is something the franchise has never had.  My hope is that Cuban realizes this and knows he needs to change to be successful.  My hope is that his public bolstering aside, he realizes how much of a mess the team is on and off the court.  I'm hoping the way KP hasn't worked out has also made the lightbulb go off.  Time will tell and lucky for us, we'll know fairly soon.

And I like a lot of what Cuban does.  While I was EXTREMLY disappointed with all the stuff that came out from regarding sexual harassments stuff years back (hey dude, spend less time shooting baskets at games and be more involved with your team), Cynt was one of our best talent acquisitions in a long time.  I also love what Cuban has done with Delonte.  I think there is a lot of good him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by cow - 06-17-2021, 11:15 AM