Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
(06-17-2021, 11:01 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I say "ah hell no" to that. Every time he would talk I heard an nice, amicable guy who actually knows VERY LITTLE about basketball.

OK, pal. You're awesome my friend, but your Donnie opinions just jumped the shark if you think Donnie knows very little about basketall. 

Also, if you're doing research about how much Donnie knows, you shouldn't rest the weight of your opinion on what Donnie says to the media. 

Whatever the case, I agee that it's time to move on. He's had too many misses recently. The team is at a critical moment. I completely buy what your selling about Ujiri. I don't like the "business guy who can let The Bob be the real GM idea". But I fear that Mark may go that direction.

(06-17-2021, 11:02 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: What a mess:

As one rival team executive shared Wednesday, there were times when talking to the Mavericks about trade possibilities meant inevitable confusion. Nelson would paint one picture, so to speak, discussing the possible pieces and players involved in an attempt to get a deal done. But Voulgaris, who this rival executive said had talked to his team simultaneously about a particular deal, would tell a different story. And because Voulgaris was widely known to have a direct line to Cuban, this dynamic was seen by Nelson as damaging to his credibility. When asked over the phone about this assertion on Wednesday, Cuban refuted the idea that Voulgaris had negatively impacted the process.

If this happened and I was Donnie, I'd tell The Bob to stand down, take it to Cuban, and if Cuban didn't back me, I'd quit. 

Can't get too in love with a job unless it's the only one you can get and you need the money.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by fifteenth - 06-17-2021, 11:13 AM