Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-17-2021, 07:51 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote:   Then ultimately Riley as the "CEO" of the organization ... ultimate overseer and decision maker who sells the organization and the vision to players.   Everyone has their assigned lane, and they have the one head honcho at the top who makes sure it stays that way.    

Nice post.  I agree with what you wrote.   The above is the most important part imo.   When Riley walks in a room, he has clout.  I thought eventually Cuban could have this.  He certainly may have it in parts of his life, but I don't think it really carries over in basketball decisions.  Weird.  You would think Mr. Shark Tank would be able to sell his vision.  Riley sets the tone for Miami.   

It appears every offseason the Mavs are a moth chasing every light.    Maybe there is a more defined plan that we don't see but they certainly appear all over the map.  Some organizations may be able to flourish this way, and maybe the Mavs thought they could.   But I would prefer a more long term vision over being a moth attracted to lights.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by Chicagojk - 06-17-2021, 08:03 AM