Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-16-2021, 02:47 PM)omahen Wrote: I don't think it is necessary. Smart move is to watch how things go for at least half a season and then start making big moves. Why would it be impossible for a new GM and respected coach to work together?

It wouldn't be impossible and I'm not implying that it would, asking the question only because I think its a question in play now. 

In general from what I've followed though it seems that most experienced front office execs have their "people" and favorites.  Maybe someone already has Rick on their highly regarded favorite list.  That's possible too.  
I agree also with the 1/2 season idea but that also can be largely window dressing for a respected coach like Carlisle because you don't want to handle him badly.  

I also cited the Brad Stevens scenario.  Does Cuban really see the coaching as a non-issue and that its only the roster building and front office management that needed a shake up?   

How much does KP's status weigh in here? Do they have a GM in mind that wants to dump KP as soon as possible or is there a guy out there that thinks he can do better with the KP roster or leverage KP into something better by getting his value up?  

In terms of real impact on the teams future, that's a big question along with whether the Coaching and system remains intact as is. 

And maybe the biggest question, what does Luka and Luka's "team" think?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM | Forde's Sportsology to assist search - by Dahlsim - 06-16-2021, 03:02 PM