Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
(06-15-2021, 12:37 AM)F Gump Wrote: This may or may not happen. It won't solve anything, though. If someone gets fired, whoever it is, they are not the problem. So their firing won't fix the issues.

The issues are not new. It's the same thing that's been in place for years.

CUBAN is really the Mavs' general manager, the POBO, the draft guru, the trade-maker, the negotiator, and more. He thinks he can do it better and is smarter than the pros at the stuff. And that's how Cuban likes it and wants it. When he bought the Mavs, he bought himself the job of proving he's the world's best "basketball guy" and he won't let go of that.

The smartest boss is the one who isn't fearful to intentionally hire people smarter and more skilled than him, and get out of their way. If he already has one or more of those, get out of their way. But MC won't ever opt for that, because he thinks he is smarter. As a result, Cuban's ability to be the NBA's best as GM, to negotiate, draft, make trades, etc is the Mavs' ceiling.

Cry

He is Jerry. I'm just now realizing it. I might be done. I had a good long run! Faithful fan for 35 years!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by fifteenth - 06-15-2021, 10:53 AM