Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
Cuban has to be the "smartest guy in the room" at all times.  So it makes sense he would gravitate toward and lean on someone like Voulgaris who clearly suffers from the same syndrome.

Championship team wants chance to defend its title...Cuban knew better
Donnie wanted Giannis...Cuban knew better
Scouts didn't want Delon...Cuban/Voulgaris knew better
Scouts didn't want Green/Terry...Cuban/Voulgaris knew better

As long as Mark Cuban needs to not only be the smartest guy in the room but also have everyone know he is just that...this franchise is battling against itself.

There is only one person that can force Cuban to re-evaluate himself.  It's not Rick, it's not Donnie.  It's Luka.  I hope this story leaked from Luka's camp and this is the young Franchise taking a page from his hero Lebron's book and trying to force his FO's hand.  I'm not saying I want Luka to become the GM like Lebron has during his career.  

I am saying that things clearly need to change and Luka is capable of forcing that so I'm all for him flexing his muscles on this issue.

Luka is an NBA fan...that is very evident.  He sees what Bey and Bane did in their rookie years and what his 3 rookie teammates did...nothing.

The other alternative is this is Donnie's camp using the Luka leverage to get this out there and force Mark's hand.  

I don't love seeing the FO dysfunction out for all to see...but I'm glad that Mark is going to be forced to make a decision and I don't see how he can make that decision without making Luka factor numbers 1 through 10!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by MaxiThreeba - 06-14-2021, 01:33 PM