Poll: What do you think about THJr
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Starter Hope
40.91%
18 40.91%
Master Chuckfest
15.91%
7 15.91%
Trade him!
29.55%
13 29.55%
Tim Hero Jumper
13.64%
6 13.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The X-Factor Tim Hardaway Jr.: DAL to give long term extension?
(11-14-2019, 01:05 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 12:22 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I still think he needs to play most of his minutes alongside Luka. Let him start. At least try that.

Having watched the early highlight video of THJ making a high percentage of catch and shoot shots and listening to him explain how he plans to move to be in Luka's vision, I like him starting too. Luka is the only one on the team who can limit THJ's shots and THJ works very well with Luka precisely because he knows how to make himself available and he is money on those shots. With Luka on the floor and KP as well, THJ is far less likely to feel he needs to be the hero scorer. 

The comments on Curry and others taking his shots....maybe they need to learn from THJ how to get into both Luka's vision and into an open area. That truly is a great skill.

One more thing that I will say on the matter is that there is one usually unheralded advantage to taking on the shameless chucker role. I figured THJ pretty much never turned the ball over because of that and after looking it up I was even more right than I thought. 

In 230 minutes and with 105 shot attempts THJ has turned the ball over a grand total of 4 times. His turnover percentage is an outrageously low 3.4%. He has a 3.5/1 assist to turnover ratio and that's not because he's dropping dimes left and right. Maybe they need to come up with a new efficiency stat that rewards not turning the ball over.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The X-Factor Tim Hardaway Jr. Thread: Jackyl & Hyde - by MrGoat - 11-14-2019, 02:59 AM