Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+14, 8 pts, 5 stl, 2 ast, 3 rbd)
8.57%
3 8.57%
Luka (+15, 42 pts, 1 stl, 14 ast, 8 rbd)
71.43%
25 71.43%
DP (+10, 8 pts, 1 stl, 2 ast, 7 rbd)
20.00%
7 20.00%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 5 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (71%) | Runner-Up DP (20%)
The small lineup I wanted to see was Luka - J Rich - THJ - DFS - Maxi

This lineup would have Maxi on Kawhi and J Rich on PG13. Luka would cover MM. I think that Maxi not being 100% scared us off this strategy because KL can get past Maxi on the dribble and the players that would be exposed as help defenders would be Luka/DFS. So we have not seen any of this as they are too important to what we do to have them exposed to fouls - at least early. Gut check win and we need one more.

One more thing to add... IF KP stayed away from fouls he was having a decent game rebounding it was when he had to leave that LAC started to get comfortable - he was a presence on both the wing and corner shooters when they skipped the ball to the right side of (their) the offensive set. IMO opinion the Bobi Experience was exposed because KP left the floor and there were not a lot of KP/DP combo minutes available. When Bobi fatigued the Clipps athleticism not just diminished his effectiveness but turned him into a negative.

So my take is that the plan was probably to set a tone with Bobi/KP then bring DP in for Bobi and run with KP/DP for a more athletic front-court that kept a size advantage, and limited the exposure of Maxi.  KP getting a couple of unfortunate fouls forced the wholesale front-court line changes as plan B. Not sure when or vs which Clippers front court, but a WCS, KP line would theoretically give Dallas the athletic front court advantage at the 4/5. IMO WCS could do some of what they apparently like vs Kawhi when they match Maxi on him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFF GAME 5 DIRKIE: Who gets it? - by SkenfromLMF - 06-03-2021, 10:57 AM