Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I know we're not winning the chip this year...
(05-07-2021, 07:15 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Ah the beauty of rookies and the Mavs fanbase tunnel vision. Of course the Mavs handle all rookies correctly.

Two outcomes:

Green plays and sucks, then Carlisle was/is justified in his opinion to not play him.

Green plays and rocks, then Carlisle developed him properly and picked the correct moment to unleash him.

So Carlisle was correct either way. Cool

Of course it´s impossible to prove that Green could have contributed in a positive manner earlier or better than another rotational player without him actually playing. That he would be much further in his development etc. etc.

Green plays like garbage, showing that the Mavs can't develop young players.

Or

Green plays well, showing the Mavs should have been playing him all along and have been botching everything

So Carlisle is wrong either way.

I think the development of Brunson from a 2nd rounder into a legit 6th man of the year candidate and DoDo from Undrafted into a legit starting NBA 3D wing on a contending team show that the derision some have towards Mavs player development has been way overblown.  But that's not how we do things, is it?      We spend 1,000,000,0000 words talkling about Dwight Powells contract for every 1 word on DoDo's contract, which is probably one of the Top 5 non-rookie scale contracts in the NBA.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know we're not winning the chip this year... - by HanspardsShowerVoice - 05-07-2021, 07:24 AM