Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
(05-05-2021, 01:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: The majority of his small minute games are garbage time with all rookie lineups that have been HORRIBLE. 

Again, show me some specific evidence for your claim please.

I narrowed it down to second quarter to cut garbage time. Plenty of times he was in for just a couple of minutes, which might one take as an indicator coach was not satisfied with the on court result. He played more minutes basically only when team was also successful (which was only about 50 % of cases).  

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1630182...on=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&sort=MIN&dir=1&Period=2

(05-05-2021, 01:39 PM)Kammrath Wrote: For sure. I don't really disagree with anything you are saying. 

I just disagree with omahen's take completely. I do not believe I am misinterpreting ANYTHING about the data, in fact I am not even doing interpretation really at all. I am just observing how successful the lineups of Green have been. Sure, RC has been picking his spots, so some of it is attributable to RC's coaching decisions, but I think it is naive to think Green's impact is only because RC has been benching him when he doesn't "play well."

Will the insanely positive impacts continue in larger minutes? Almost certainly not, and I never said so. I am just suggesting that Green's play and impact warrants him getting more minutes. Then go from there and see how he does. Like last night, larger minutes did NOT diminish his impact and arguably increased it.

I agree with this take. And misinterpretation was too strong word, my bad.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by omahen - 05-05-2021, 02:03 PM