Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
(05-05-2021, 01:16 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I think this is fundamentally false. I do not believe that RC has yanked him more than a couple times the entire season for playing poorly. 

Can you offer concrete evidence of this? Can you offer specific games where you think he was benched for playing poorly and then didn't reenter?

Don´t think it is about playing poor. More about the specific role he has right now. As a rookie he probably has limited knowledge and experience when it comes to different concepts and schemes. With limited practise time it is really difficult to insert a new guy into a working system. Might work in case of a vet like Redick but even guys like Iwundu or Johnson looked lost on both ends. Richardson still hasn´t found his role in the half court offense.
Would be really nice to avoid the play in. The storm/cold weather break in february showed that a few additional practise days can make a big difference.

I actually think that Green is doing a better job than some of the vets and in the last few games his offensive awareness/positioning looked a lot better compared to earlier in the season. No suprise that this development also leads to more minutes.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by dirkfansince1998 - 05-05-2021, 01:30 PM