Poll: Regarding J-Rich/THJ this offseason which scenario do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Letting both walk regardless of their demands
46.15%
12 46.15%
Keeping both of them for reasonable prices (J-Rich either opted in or for <10 mio and THJ for about 12 mio per year)
23.08%
6 23.08%
Letting J-Rich walk, keeping THJ´s big caphold on the books and sign him for about 12 mio (quite massively hindering our flexibility with FA)
19.23%
5 19.23%
Letting THJ walk, keeping J-Rich´s caphold on the books and sign him for about 8 mio.
11.54%
3 11.54%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Offseason wings: What to do with THJ and J-Rich?
(05-02-2021, 04:34 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:  
I would be tempted just to throw a lot of money at any guard that would upgrade that starting SG spot. Not saying its wise to use all 34 mil dollars on one player but you do have a lot of money.

Thinking ab Ball, Lowry, Conley, DeRozan. These are non-max players (other than Ball who might be RFA maxable) so you have the ability to "overpay" one of them in one way or another if you really want to.

Dinwiddie, Dragic are cheaper options. Like what if you are like Lowry, Conley - here is a 2+1 TO 100 million dollar plus contract bc our other guard spot sucks. At least make it interesting. Do the Raptors want to give him that much money? Do the Jazz want to be that deep in luxury tax? They seem like a team you could money0whip to steal a player from.

Conley just made like 34 mil dollars. Even if you give him a huge payday like you aren't married to him very long. Jazz will be stuck so I like at least putting them in a bind.

Let's say you blow your wad on 2 years of Conley.

Main rotation pieces are:

Conley/Burke
Luka/Brunson
DFS
Powell/WCS?
KP/Maxi

That rMLE could go to WCS or another bench player. Mavs rotation would be top-heavy with no THJ off the bench but I am okay with that. J Rich has been a zero this year so Conley would be replacing THJ and Burke sort of replaces J Rich in a way.

If they go that route, I hope it is Conley.  He's had a fantastic season AND it weakens an opponent.  My preference would be to start at a lower number and put some guaranteed money in that third year and save some cap room above the rMLE for another addition on top of bringing back Willie with the rMLE (maybe Theis?).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offseason wings: What to do with THJ and J-Rich? - by DanSchwartzgan - 05-02-2021, 07:25 PM