Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
(04-30-2021, 11:44 PM)Mapka Wrote: Wanted to say this is not true, convinced myself otherwise. They dumped Ledo, Hammons, Spalding, Roby and used Larkin, Anderson, Crowder, DSJ in trades.

They seem to not be as attached to rookies as we are, I'm not sure they should.

Still there is this: I can't think about a rookie we dumped breaking out elsewhere.

Is this an indictment of how they feel about rookies or an indictment of their talent evaluation?

So, they gave a bunch of mid/late second rounders a try out and it didn’t pan out.  No Biggie.  What is the hit rate on picks in the range of where Ledo, Hammons, Spalding and Roby were taken?  

The rest are early seconds and mid-firsts with the exception of DSJ.  In each case, they moved on from them before the shine of potential was completely gone.  Larkin was part of getting Chandler, Crowder was part of getting Rondo/Powell, Anderson was part of getting Noel and DSJ was part of getting KP. Most of those guys didn’t last in the league that long and in the cases of Crowder and DSJ, the team we traded them to also “dumped” them by trading them to another team.  I’d call that “asset management”.  Others can call it what they want.  

I’m more concerned about the missed evaluations of Rondo and Noel and the players they might have drafted instead than I am the fact that they didn’t keep this particular group of guys.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by DanSchwartzgan - 05-01-2021, 08:56 AM