Poll: Regarding J-Rich/THJ this offseason which scenario do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Letting both walk regardless of their demands
46.15%
12 46.15%
Keeping both of them for reasonable prices (J-Rich either opted in or for <10 mio and THJ for about 12 mio per year)
23.08%
6 23.08%
Letting J-Rich walk, keeping THJ´s big caphold on the books and sign him for about 12 mio (quite massively hindering our flexibility with FA)
19.23%
5 19.23%
Letting THJ walk, keeping J-Rich´s caphold on the books and sign him for about 8 mio.
11.54%
3 11.54%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Offseason wings: What to do with THJ and J-Rich?
(04-29-2021, 06:42 AM)Thukydides Wrote: I thought this question is so huge, that it deserves it´s own thread. Also I feel like the discussion around it has evolved in a few different threads. Furthermore I wanted to add a poll.

So here are the facts:

Current salary for 2020/21:

J-Rich - 10.865 mio - he has a player option for next year at 11.615 mio 
THJ - 18.975 mio - he is a UFA

Cap-hold: 
J-Rich (if opted out) - 16.5 mio 
THJ - 28,5 mio (crazy!)

What do you think about these outcomes? Do you actually see us keeping THJ on the books, if J-Rich opts in?

Edit: Of course there is the possibility of renouncing the cap holds AND still resigning players. But this seems not very likely, as you can´t go over the cap in this case.

Cap holds aren't that restrictive, even if the player is being signed for less. You keep the rights, then sign the player to the lower salary, and the cap hold is replaced by the salary. The team just has to do their summer roster building in the proper sequence, which they all know how to do (and every team does year after year).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offseason wings: What to do with THJ and J-Rich? - by F Gump - 04-29-2021, 01:44 PM