Poll: Regarding J-Rich/THJ this offseason which scenario do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Letting both walk regardless of their demands
46.15%
12 46.15%
Keeping both of them for reasonable prices (J-Rich either opted in or for <10 mio and THJ for about 12 mio per year)
23.08%
6 23.08%
Letting J-Rich walk, keeping THJ´s big caphold on the books and sign him for about 12 mio (quite massively hindering our flexibility with FA)
19.23%
5 19.23%
Letting THJ walk, keeping J-Rich´s caphold on the books and sign him for about 8 mio.
11.54%
3 11.54%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Offseason wings: What to do with THJ and J-Rich?
(04-29-2021, 12:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'd be fine with finding out if an off-season and a second season with the same team makes a difference. At least until the trade deadline. 

I can see a scenario where KP is moved for an offense first guard next to Luka and in that world, having Richardson come off the bench to guard faster PGs would be nice.  I know there's debate around whether or not his defense is actually good and I think that conversation is warranted but at the end of the day he's our best option to guard some of those quicker guards.

(04-29-2021, 12:59 PM)omahen Wrote: I am almost certain he will not opt in. Even if there is no serious market for him, it would make more sense for him to take a one year deal with someone like Detroit, where he could be the main guard, get way more touches and improve his value.

I do agree with this to an extent but I would also argue that he is one of our main guards currently, he came here out of choice (at least the way he tells it) so I can see him convincing himself he just needed some more time and practice to increase his value in this system.  Not just to other suitors but to us.

(04-29-2021, 01:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Cap space is never an asset in my eyes. At least for the Mavs.  They've played the cap space asset card for nearly 11 years and it hasn't worked out once. And the times when they've could've used their space to take on bad contracts for assets they've shied away from it. 

I do agree that free agency is not the strong suit of the Cuban era Mavs at all and I'm all on board to operate over the cap like we did during Dirk's reign.  It does feel like we are finally ready to take on bad contracts if we think it improves our roster though.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offseason wings: What to do with THJ and J-Rich? - by StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 04-29-2021, 01:26 PM